No time is too early to start planning for your study abroad experience. Here are some general guidelines about the process of studying abroad and what you need to do to get started:
- If you need general or academic information about studying abroad, contact Prof. Reardon (Kepner 2090C, firstname.lastname@example.org - Global Programs Director) to get started.
- The formal process of studying abroad for all UNC students begins at the Center for International Education (CIE). You may visit them on the top floor of the UC behind the card issue office or apply online here.
- CIE has a complete ‘to do’ list of the things you need to complete, including getting course approvals. CIE will require you to complete the Transfer of Credit Form. Once this form is complete, as a business major you must turn in a copy to Kristi Cozbey in Kepner 1055. This will ensure that the college has record of your preapproved business course equivalencies. Any business course that is not listed as a course equivalency at one of the MCB partner institutions must be evaluated by a MCB Department Chair. To begin this process, bring a copy of the course syllabus to Kristi Cozbey in Kepner 1055.
- Apply for the MCB Study Abroad Scholarship – usually $1000 or more. See more funding opportunities at the tab to the right “Scholarships”.
- Work with CIE to finalize all other arrangements and requirements before you leave for your study abroad experience.