Internships for Class Credit
The purpose of the internship for credit is to provide meaningful on-the-job work experience in a position that expands the students educational experience. The internship for credit is a COURSE that meets the professional experience graduation requirement.
- Information session workshop
- Resume review workshop
- Mock interview workshop
- Junior standing (60 credits)
- An application for an internship (In right sidebar) will be completed by the student and submitted to the relevant faculty member teaching the internship course (492). This application precedes any subsequent steps. The student's application must be approved by the relevant department faculty member or chair prior to the beginning of the internship experience.
- After the application has been completed and approved, the student will receive a permit to register for the course. The student MUST register for the course in order to receive credit.
- The sponsoring employer will provide a job description that outlines the training to be provided to the student, the compensation offered, the starting and ending dates of the internship, and the hours of work per week.
- Complete 45 hours of work per credit hour for up to 3 hours of credit (3 credit hours = 135 work hours).
- The student must provide, weekly or bi-weekly updates, an interim report on progress toward internship goals approximately the middle of the session and a full final report before finals week during the internship experience semester. These reports will be submitted to the internship coordinator via Canvas. For the specific requirements, see the application and information document.
- The grade for the internship will be either "satisfactory" or "unsatisfactory" and will be based upon all the reports and evaluations requested. The grade will be assigned by the faculty coordinator at the end of the semester.
*****An internship for credit will count as the required Professional Experience (PE) as long as the student completes the required prerequisite workshops before they apply for their internship for credit.
- Career Readiness
- Career Development
- Workshop Schedules
- Professional Experience
- Internship for credit
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Videos & Alumni Panels
Professional Experience & Work-based Learning Coordinator
Phone: (970) 351-1844