Internships for Class Credit
To provide meaningful on-the-job work experience in a position that expands the student's educational experience.
- An application for an internship (In right sidebar) will be completed by the student. This application precedes any subsequent steps. The student's application must be approved by the department internship coordinator prior to the beginning of the internship experience.
- After the application has been completed and approved, The student will receive a permit to register for the course.
- The sponsoring firm will provide a job description that outlines the training to be provided to the student, the compensation offered, the starting and ending dates of the internship, and the hours of work per week.
- 45 hours of work per semester hour of credit up to 3 hours of credit (3 credit hours = 135 work hours).
- The student must provide, weekly or bi-weekly updates, an interim report on progress toward internship goals approximately the middle of the session and a full final report before finals week during the internship experience semester. These reports will be submitted to the internship coordinator via Canvas. For the specific requirements, see the application and information document.
- The grade for the internship will be either "satisfactory" or "unsatisfactory" and will be based upon all the reports and evaluations requested. The grade will be assigned by the faculty coordinator at the end of the semester.
*****An internship for credit will count as the required Professional Experience (PE) as long as the student completes the required prerequisite workshops before they apply for their internship for credit.