About the Monfort College of Business
The Kenneth W. Monfort College of Business at the University of Northern Colorado is recognized for delivering excellence in business education. It is the first and only business program to receive the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award from the Office of the President of the United States (2004).
Only the top business schools in the U.S. are accredited by AACSB International. The Monfort College of Business is among the elite number of schools accredited in both business administration and accounting.
The average class size is 30, allowing students to connect with faculty and each other on a more personal level.
Our undergraduate programs include Business Administration degrees in Accounting, Computer Information Systems, Finance, General Business, Management and Marketing. We also are home to a Software Engineering program, in collaboration with the College of Natural and Health Sciences. The program prepares students for success in the fast-paced and ever-changing world of computer software development.
At the graduate level, the College offers a Master of Accounting and Master of Business Administration. The MAcc satisfies Colorado's and most other state's 150-hour requirement for licensing as a CPA. The flexible MBA program offers specialization in healthcare administration, human resources management or general business management.
MCB is committed to providing students with state-of-the-industry technology so graduates enter the workforce with the latest skills. The College also recognizes the importance of both oral and written presentation skills and provides opportunities to develop these skills in the classroom. Because group decision-making is pivotal in today's business environment, student teams are prevalent in MCB classes. Internships, real-world classroom projects and memberships in professional organization give our students practical experience to prepare them for the business world.
The Monfort College of Business will serve as a leading provider of immersive business education and career preparation.
The Monfort College of Business prepares students for leadership and successful careers through immersive learning and a student-centered career development series.
We support our mission by:
- Equipping students with the necessary knowledge, tools and inspiration to reach their potential;
- Advancing business practice through quality research;
- Promoting entrepreneurship; and,
- Professional engagement in the community
Producing Career Ready Leaders.
- Increase enrollment, student success, and retention.
- Produce career ready graduates and ethical leaders.
- Strengthen financial literacy and entrepreneurship.
- Enhance research quality and sponsored research in MCB.
- Increase recognition of the MCB brand and its reputation for excellence.
- Excellence: We strive for excellence in all we do.
- Teaching: We are committed to provide the highest quality education by having professionally and academically qualified faculty who blend theoretical foundations with practical applications.
- Scholarship: We advance business knowledge through scholarship and partnerships with business and community organizations.
- Community: Partnering with the community is key to achieving our mission and vision.
- Integrity: We are committed to creating and promoting a culture based on ethics and morality.
- Respect: We treat all students, faculty, staff and members of the community with respect in order to foster an environment of trust, mutual respect and diversity of thought.
- Accountability: To achieve excellence we must hold each other accountable. We must be responsible and expect the best from each other.
- Success: We provide students with the skills, tools and opportunities to have successful careers.
- Recruit high-quality student population while maintaining a balance between quality and quantity.
- Sustain a high quality curriculum.
- Recruit and retain high quality faculty and staff.
- Secure adequate state resources for college operations.
- Increase external funds raised for the college.
- Continue to improve the quality of MCB facilities and technology.
- Develop reputation among stakeholders that is consistent with program excellence.
- Provide the best learning environments for our students.