About the Monfort College of Business
The Kenneth W. Monfort College of Business at the University of Northern Colorado is recognized for delivering excellence in business education. It is the first and only business program to receive the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award from the Office of the President of the United States (2004).
Only the top business schools in the U.S. are accredited by AACSB International. The Monfort College of Business is among the elite number of schools accredited in both business administration and accounting.
The average class size is 30, allowing students to connect with faculty and each other on a more personal level.
Our undergraduate programs include Business Administration degrees in Accounting, Computer Information Systems, Finance, General Business, Management and Marketing. We also are home to a Software Engineering program, in collaboration with the College of Natural and Health Sciences. The program prepares students for success in the fast-paced and ever-changing world of computer software development.
At the graduate level, the College offers a Master of Accounting and Master of Business Administration. The MAcc satisfies Colorado's and most other state's 150-hour requirement for licensing as a CPA. The flexible MBA program offers specialization in healthcare administration, human resources management or general business management.
MCB is committed to providing students with state-of-the-industry technology so graduates enter the workforce with the latest skills. The College also recognizes the importance of both oral and written presentation skills and provides opportunities to develop these skills in the classroom. Because group decision-making is pivotal in today's business environment, student teams are prevalent in MCB classes. Internships, real-world classroom projects and memberships in professional organization give our students practical experience to prepare them for the business world.
The Monfort College of Business will serve as a leading provider of immersive business education and career preparation.
The Monfort College of Business prepares students for leadership and successful careers through immersive learning and a student-centered career development series.
We support our mission by:
- Equipping students with the necessary knowledge, tools and inspiration to reach their potential;
- Advancing business practice through quality research;
- Promoting entrepreneurship; and,
- Professional engagement in the community
Producing Career Ready Leaders.
Immerse, Inspire, and Innovate (i-cube).
- Increase enrollment, student success, and retention. (Vision Element: Students First; Empower Inclusivity)
- Produce career ready graduates and ethical leaders. (Vision Element: Connect and Celebrate; Enhance and Invest)
- Strengthen financial literacy and entrepreneurship. (Enhance and Invest; Connect and Celebrate)
- Enhance research quality and sponsored research in MCB. (Enhance and Invest)
- Increase recognition of the MCB brand and its reputation for excellence. (Innovate and Create)
- Initiate and develop an entrepreneurship ecosystem that meets career goals of MCB students while creating economic impact in the community.
- Increase ethical awareness among MCB students by enhancing ethical training opportunities for all MCB students and faculty and assessing their impact.
- By putting students first, we nurture, develop, and support student success in an inclusive and equitable environment.
- We prepare students with practical experiences and internships for a successful launch.
Community Engagement and Entrepreneurship
- We partner with community to promote economic development and job growth by advancing businesses and entrepreneurship at UNC and the northern Colorado community.
- MCB strives to provide an engaging and interactive educational experience where students are challenged to think beyond business specific knowledge and become lifelong learners and engaged citizens.
- We foster ethical awareness and leadership through comprehensive ethical programming.
The Monfort College of Business positively impacts society by promoting entrepreneurship and strengthening financial literacy at UNC and in the community by promoting economic development and the availability of high-quality jobs through partnering with community leaders in supporting venture creation.