No time is too early to start planning for your study abroad experience. Here are some general guidelines about the process of studying abroad and what you need to do to get started.
- Meet with a study abroad advisor at the Center for International Education (CIE) in the University Center 2205 to discuss programs, requirements, registration, application, etc. You may schedule an appointment by calling (970) 351-2396.
- Learn more about the MCB partner institutions and locations by contacting James Reardon via phone at (970) 351-1251, via email at email@example.com, or visit his office at 2090C in Kepner Hall. Also, attend the MCB Study Abroad Fair in the Fall/Spring to learn more about each program.
- Share your plans with your academic advisor and begin discussing course options.
- Get course approvals for the courses you plan to take abroad from the appropriate departments. CIE will require you to complete the Transfer of Credit Form. Once this form is complete, as a business major you must turn in a copy to Kristi Cozbey in Kepner 1055. This will ensure that the college has record of your preapproved business course equivalencies. Any business course that is not listed as a course equivalency at one of the MCB partner institutions must be evaluated by a MCB Department Chair. To begin this process, bring a copy of the course syllabus to Kristi Cozbey in Kepner 1055.
- Apply for the MCB Study Abroad Scholarship.
- Work with CIE to finalize all other arrangements and requirements before you leave for your study abroad experience.
Students who are completing the Global Business Minor, must complete BA 415 for one credit hour. Contact the Global Business Minor advisor, Dr. Jim Reardon, at (970) 351-1251 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how and when to enroll for the course.