Business Residential Learning Community
The Business Residential Learning Community is a joint effort between the Housing and Residential Education Department and the Monfort College of Business.
Students who live in this community have the opportunity to:
- Live in a fantastic hall complete with the finest amenities and programming designed for business majors
- Click here to check out a room that is similar
- Take common courses with the other students in the Business Learning Community
- Form study groups easily with other business students
- Interact with business faculty members at events outside of the classroom, even before taking business classes
- Visit Denver and local businesses to explore career paths in different emphasis areas
- Dine with MCB alumni and faculty and learn from their experience and advice
- Participate in other business programs right in the residence hall and learn from Resident Assistants who are also business majors
Students who choose to live in the Business Learning Community will all take a common course the first semester, BAFN 240, Introduction to Personal Finance. BAFN 240 satisfies a requirement in the Liberal Arts Core (Elective). Students will then take BACS 101, Business Computing, together the second semester. BACS 101 is required for all business majors and is an elective in the Liberal Arts Core.
Along with all of the opportunities students receive by living in the community, living in the community may also have a positive impact on academics. Students living in learning communities on average have a higher GPA than students who do not live in learning communities.
Please call the Monfort College of Business Advising Center at (970) 351-1233 for additional information regarding the Business Residential Learning Community program at UNC.
Spaces are limited, so sign up as soon as possible by choosing the Business Learning Community when filling out the UNC housing contract. For questions on how to sign up for the community, please contact Housing and Residential Education at (970) 351-2721. We look forward to having you join the exciting Business Residential Learning Community!
- Future Students
- Majors, Minors & Emphasis Areas
- Advising Center
- Business Residential Learning Community
- Clubs and Organizations
- Daniels Fund Ethics Initiative
- Malcolm Baldrige Award
- Professional Experience
- Study Abroad
- Transfer Student Services