Elevator Pitch Contest
If you only had one minute to describe your passion and your career goals, would you be prepared? Are you able to clearly present and articulate your vision enticing the listener to want to know more?
Create your Elevator Pitch/Personal Commercial!
What is an Elevator Pitch?
30 - 60 second personal commercial/promotion that tells the person you are speaking
with who you are, what makes you unique, and the benefits/value you can provide
Answers the questions: "Tell me about yourself” and “Why should I hire you?”
Begins with a hook to intrigue the listener and ends with a request for action
Why is an Elevator Pitch so important?
It is your first impression and the first thing that people ever hear or read about
It is a very effective way to get your foot in the door for various opportunities such as internships and job offers
When do I use my Elevator Pitch?
- Conversations with coworkers
- Introductions to potential employers
- Opportunities within your own company (promotions)
- Networking events
- Casual networking
- Career or job fairs
- Cover letters
- Email introductions
- Mentor requests
- Job Interviews
How can I participate in the contest?
- Register for the event -- Coming Soon(You must be an MCB Junior or Senior).
- Sophomores, Juniors and seniors, sign up to give your pitch on Wednesday February 10, 2016 between 10:00am-2:00pm in Kepner Rooms 0060. A small panel of employers will listen to your pitch and you will automatically earn $10 Bear Bucks for participating.
- The top three finalists will be notified prior to the Networking Event on Thursday, February 18th, and will get the event started by giving their pitches to the audience.
1st Place: $2,000 Scholarship
2nd Place: $1,000 Scholarship
3rd Place: $500 Scholarship