Accounting Emphasis - Vision, Mission, Values and Strategic Objectives
The Accounting Program, as one of the five areas of emphasis within the Monfort College of Business (MCB), supports both the University of Northern Colorado and the MCB in their responsibilities as designated by the Colorado Commission on Higher Education and in their respective missions as decided by faculty. In addition, because the Program strategically operates as a separate program, the Accounting Program puts forth the following Vision, Mission, Value and Strategic Objectives in order to serve its stakeholders efficiently and effectively.
Enrich society and accounting practice by facilitating students’ transformation into exemplary citizens and professionals.
- Provide excellent accounting education that prepares students for successful, meaningful careers and responsible global citizenship.
- Conduct and publish scholarship that enriches accounting practice, education and academics.
- Engage the accounting profession, our community, and other stakeholders through active involvement in both professional and community organizations.
- Student connections with faculty
- Student placement and lifelong relationships ‐ "Always a Bear!"
- Engagement with the profession and the community
- Ethical awareness and application
- Creative problem solving
- Independent and lifelong learning
Additionally, the Accounting Program identified the following five Strategic Objectives, which are consistent with MCB’s strategic objectives and enable the Program to full its mission effectively and efficiently.
- Attract and retain high‐quality students.
- Enhance the quality and currency of our curriculum, thus allowing students to pursue a wide variety of accounting careers.
- Advise and place students in entry‐level positions in the accounting field.
- Hire and retain faculty dedicated to honorably serving students and the accounting profession through teaching, research, and service.
- Expand existing and develop more professional and student employment relationships within the accounting profession.