To provide qualified Monfort College of Business students with meaningful on-the-job work
experience in a position that expands the student’s educational experience and fulfills the
Professional Experience graduation requirement.
- Be a junior or senior business major in good academic standing (minimum GPA of 2.0/4.0, not on academic probation or suspension from MCB)
- Approval from Professional Experience Coordinator prior to engaging in experience
- Completion of Student-Employer Agreement
- Completion of two pre-requisite workshops: resume and professionalism/interviewing skills
- Interim memo/e-mail from site supervisor (student meeting required hours, satisfactory
- Minimum of 50 hours of work needed to meet Professional Experience requirement (may be more if required by employer)
WHAT COUNTS AS A VALID PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
A valid experience requires skills and knowledge obtained from MCB courses. These experiences can be obtained through employment, volunteer activities or project-based opportunities. Your position should be similar to an entry-level position for a MCB graduate and tied to your career goal and/or major.
- What advanced skills and knowledge are essential for this position? How will this position enhance my learning in MCB coursework?
- What responsibilities of this position require advanced coursework at an institution of higher education? Am I able to apply my knowledge learned from my upper division coursework to the experience?
- What will I learn or experience from this professional experience position that I have not had the opportunity to learn or experience yet?
A PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE COULD INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING ROLES
- Employee training
- Responsibilities specific to major
- Research opportunities
- Projects specific to major
- Business to business sales
- Emphasis Requirements