Software at MCB
Microsoft Imagine & VMWare Academic Alliance
Must be currently enrolled in an MCB class
By enrolling in a Monfort College of Business class, you have automatically been enrolled in Microsoft Imagine Premium and VMWare Academic Alliance for the semester. This is a free subscription that gives you Microsoft Software such as Microsoft Windows, Visio, Project, and Visual Studio. Also available for free is VMware software such as VMFusion, VMWorkstation, and VMware VSphere. Visit the portal/webstore to start downloading
Microsoft Office for your personal computer
If you are a current student of the University of Northern Colorado Office 365 Education for Students is available for free.
Office 365 Education for Students is an Office 365 plan that is available for free to students who attend academic institutions that have purchased Office for faculty and staff. This plan allows students to install Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Publisher, and Access on up to 5 PCs or Macs and Office apps on other mobile devices including Windows tablets and iPads®. The plan also includes 1TB of OneDrive storage, managed by the school, and students can edit and collaborate using Office Online, Yammer, and SharePoint sites..
How to download/install Office 2016
- If you are a student, you must activate your account at https://products.office.com/en-us/student/office-in-education?tab=students (Faculty/Staff do not need to click this link)
- Enter your BearMail address and accept the user agreement, then continue to the next steps.
- Click the Switch account link in the top-right corner.
- Click the Add Account button on the Accounts window.
- Enter your UNC email address, then click Next.
- Enter your email address and password on the UNC login screen.
- You will now be logged into your UNC Office 365 account and you'll see this account along with any others you have added.
*If you are eligible, you can use the plan until you graduate or are no longer enrolled at UNC. Student eligibility may be re-verified at any time. At expiration, the Office applications enter a reduced-functionality mode, which means documents can be viewed but it isn’t possible to edit or create new documents. In addition, online services associated with the school email address, for example Office Online and OneDrive, will no longer work.