Put your creativity to work designing computer software and apps
Do you consider yourself a problem solver? Do you feel most at home in front of a computer? Are you very detail oriented? Are you interested in designing your own software projects? Then the Software Engineering Major could be perfect for you.
The development of software programs and applications is growing exponentially. You’ll be on the edge of discovery when you work in this exciting and ever changing field. You’ll learn how to:
- Understand the history and principles of software engineering.
- Analyze data and information to identify key problems, generate and evaluate appropriate alternatives and propose a feasible alternative.
- Be proficient with state-of-the-industry technology.
- Identify ethical problems and issues, analyze consequences and develop acceptable resolutions.
- Understand the concepts of quality assurance techniques
Students majoring in Software Engineering can choose from any minor offered at the University of Northern Colorado, including Business, Meteorology, Biology or other courses of study that can enhance this degree.
The tools you need; the opportunities you want
The Monfort College of Business and the College of Natural and Health Sciences/Computer Science provide high touch and wide tech, offering state-of-the-industry computing facilities, hardware, software, tools and experiences that you’ll use in the workplace. The specialized Applied Networking Lab at the Monfort College of Business provides students with opportunities across all platforms, thanks to academic partners like Adobe, Microsoft, Oracle and IBM.